The "Helical anchor" is selected as an "Anchor type" in the combo list in the dialog window "New anchor".
The Helical anchor requires input of:
- Production set - user defined (the user input of parameters) or the anchor from the catalog (Helical Anchors, Mac Lean, Chance...). The anchors from the catalog are specified by the other parameters (type of shaft, Nr. of helix, thickness and material of helix) - if the selected combination is not manufactured, the name of anchor is empty and editing cannot be finished
- Location of anchor - depth, length, slope...
- Type of shaft profile - circle (pipe), square
- Stiffness of anchor - elasticity modulus E
- Parameters for verification of anchor ( , Pull-out resistance from soil is decribed below)
Anchor parameters input
Calculation of pull out resistance from soil:
This option is required for user defined anchors. It is necessary to enter value of pull out resistance from soil Re [kN, lbf]. The table with dimensions and locations of each helix is only for the visualization of the anchor and internal stabillity check.
This option is available only for anchors from the catalog. The dimensions and locations of each helix is determined by manufacturer. The pull out resistance from soil is calculated according this formula:
number of helix
maximal bearing capacity of helix, determined by manufacturer
cohesion of soil
Meyerhof´s coefficients for bearing capacity
the area of helix
angle of internal friction (for φ = 0 is Nc = 2+π)
Implemented anchors in the catalog
- Helical Anchors, Inc. - Product Catalog
- MacLean-Dixie - Helical Foundation Syastems - Engineering Reference Manual
- Chance - Civil Construction Product Catalog, Vol. I.